Tuesday 15 May 2012

Some more massing and masterplanning

My top priority before this week's tutorial was to go more into the specifics of my building's form, as I had not moved to far along in this previously. From the floor plans I generated, I decided to have a go at modelling them up. Considering that the abstract from I developed would be a nightmare both for me to draw for the final project, and for anyone to build had the project actually been real, I decided to go with something considerable more 'boxy' in order to do more with the interior and the facade treatment.

I had always envisaged that my building grow out from the base before coming back in at the top. This would allow for the footprint constraint. I was also certain about where I wanted each of the spaces.


The first view is from the right hand side of the building. The second is the front of the building.
These images are just lines, as I have not gone over them to show shading and facade treatment, as well as the locations of glazing etc.

 
The first view is from the back of the building. The second is from the left hand side.

I also had a bit of a think about the surroundings. As the first floor of the building overhangs the ground floor on all sides, there is potential for there to be some program in the space. I also had always wished for the landscape around the building to reach up the walls of the building, as if the building was grown.
 
This is the beginning of my new masterplanning. I believe that the building fits better in its location in this from: it relates more to the context. I wish the main access in the park to be behind the building. The location of the carpark is also optimum. Although I wish for the main access to be via the ferry terminal, there is still the necessity for a carpark if some people drive to visit the surrounding parklands. Could I make it so that access to the building was exclusively by ferry >:3...
Also, I began thinking about where I could put amenities and seating areas, as well as new trees. I think that this layout would work alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment