Sunday 3 June 2012

Continual Development of the Building Form

I have further developing the floor plans of the building, and then updating the elevation views whilst giving a perspective view a go.
These are the old floor plans. They read from right to left (convoluted I know...). This obviously doesn't give an indication of what each of the spaces are, but I have previously mentioned what each are and the plans have changed little.

These are the updated floor plans. Again they read from right to left. There are now two lifts instead of a staircase to the presentation space, increasing the suspense. There is also a lift in the Biospace, to ensure accessible access. There are toilet spaces on the ground floor, first floor and second floor. There is also a balcony space for additional exhibits under the staircase.

 I had an experiment with an external view. This is the entrance, with one of the historic wharf buildings in the background. It is a work in progress, and I will obviously give it materiality for the final presentation...
This is a new elevation from the "front" of the building. Again, it is similar to the previous ones, but obviously takes into consideration the changes to the floor plan.
I have also been making changes to the masterplan, and I now have a very clear idea of where I am going with the project. Now to go do it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment